Big-man Josh Levieddin has 22 points and 7 rebounds as the Berman Cougars overpowered Jonah Lasko and the Katz Yeshiva High School Storm 72-54 to advance to the Tier II Championship game against TABC. Lasko finished with 13 points and teammate Andrew Pearl had 13 as well, but they couldn't overcome a tough second quarter where they were outscored 19-5.
Berman took a commanding 18 point lead going into the half, averaging a very solid 18 points per quarter. They'll have to keep their offense going against a confident TABC team that has had some very convincing wins so far over the weekend.
Ezra Beletskiy has a nice overall game for the Cougars with 11 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists. Ari Schopf chipped in 9 and Nadiv Turitz has 8. Berman shot a whopping 42 free throws and were able to convert a solid 26 of them into points.
Be sure to tune into MacsLive.com, the official home of Yeshiva Sports and the Red Sarachek Basketball Tournament.
- Defense Wins Championships: Shalhevet Takes Home Tier I Trophy
- TIER I CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- TIER II CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- Kohelet Wins Tier IV Championship
- TIER III CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- Berman Bigs Beat Katz, Advance To Tier II Championship
- Storm Warning: TABC Can't Be Stopped
- Shalhevet Charges Its Way Into 3rd Straight Tier I Championship